Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Executive Meeting Manager brings to bear their organizational and detailing skills to identify and implement profitable execution of all groups. Ensure that each group that the manager is responsible for meets or exceeds their revenue expectations based on their contracts. Active and positive contribution towards a high performance culture within the Convention Services Department through customer advocacy, sustained revenue achievement, communication and team participation.
Comply with all guest service basics such as uniforms, nametags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Representative of the Company – As the representative of the Company and hotel, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotel, amenities and brand. Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market. Convey a strong belief in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
- Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by having a track record of long-term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the Convention Services Department.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Proactive and Creative Sales - Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste. Give full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer. Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems.
- Account Management - Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and others in the course of their event planning. After securing business, deliver a high level of customer service with key decision makers, solve customer problems, meet commitments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs. As appropriate, meet the customer at the event, ensure proper event set-up and customer satisfaction. Take initiative to solve any problems by liaison with other hotel managers.
- Administration – Responsible for compilation of required sales reports and reporting process. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below. Education and Experience: A four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business, related degree, or equivalent experience. Two or more years of sales related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Ability to travel locally and overnight.Skills and Abilities:Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices. Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills. Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers. Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits. Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure. Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work. Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Must satisfy and comply with the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:Work is normally performed in an interior environment with some travel. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The work involves some exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position is required to operate a motor vehicle.