Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible to respond to guest requests to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and use the freedom to go beyond to turn those guest interactions into moments of magic. In addition, you will perform general maintenance tasks, complete assigned work orders and help in the maintenance and repairs of all the areas of the property.Essential Functions
- Enjoy working as part of a team to assist other engineering personnel with routine repairs and preventive maintenance
- Earnestly respond to guest requests to ensure their personal comfort
- Take pride in our house and perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas while monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Enthusiastically prepare for daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate time management
- Hold the highest standards for proper use of all equipment
- Responsibility for ensuring safety and security of the property, our guests and fellow associates
- Experience. Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (1) year in a similar position or equal experience, specifically using hand tools and other tools to repair and maintain equipment.
- Knowledge. Must have experience with basic diagnostic devices and training in general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, and carpentry knowledge and the ability to trouble shoot in these principals.
- People Person. While this position requires working with equipment, the best part is the opportunity to be part of a team and interact with guests.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to trouble shoot and knows a thing or two about safety, facility repairs and maintenance.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and all possible shift hours.