Food & Beverage Director
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Location: US - NJ - Edison
Edison, NJ, US 08837
Direct and organize the activities of the food & beverage department to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising to maximize hotel profitability.
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Use Company efforts for all recruiting and on-boarding activities.
• Plan and direct administration and planning functions of the food & beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
• Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food & beverage sub-departments, i.e. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
• Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all food & beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable result.
• Participate with food & beverage managers in the creation of menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
• Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments to Company and Brand standards.
• Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages. Ensure proper liquor controls are in place.
• Oversee all cash handling staff to ensure Company's cash handling policies and procedures are adhered to. Comply with all Company accounting rules and standards to ensure compliance.
• Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
• Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies when sales are declining or imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
• Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, etc.
• Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well-trained associates at all levels.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.