Food and Beverage/Outlet Manager
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District is a contemporary urban hotel with an inviting mix of high-tech spaces and contemporary decor that reflects the Old City charm. Located in the Philadelphia Historic District surrounded by treasures of American Heritage, our hotel has an inviting destination where vacation and business travelers can work, relax, dine, meet and enjoy the local attractions.
We are currently seeking a Food & Beverage Outlet Manager to join our Team. The F&B Outlet Manager will work very closely with our Director of Food & Beverage to manage the Food & Beverage daily operation to include our three-meal restaurant, lounge, room service, and banquets. Will be instrumental in maintaining established cost and quality standards to ensure superior service and maximize profits. Comply with all food and beverage, health, liquor and safety regulations; comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws; schedule, evaluate, coach, and counsel Associates; train and mentor Associates in customer service; review and approve all recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, promote, suspend, discipline and discharge Food & Beverage associates in a fair and equitable manner; comply with department budget, forecast, labor, revenue and profit benchmarks; track and maintain established inventories by coordinating the ordering and transferring of food, alcohol and operating supplies with business needs.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the management of the daily operation of the Food & Beverage outlets at a property: Including staffing, inventory controls, compliance, guest services, finances and employee relations. Works actively with the team to ensure all training, guest services and food handling guidelines are met. Ensures the training and development of the staff members and leaders in the departments is up to date and completed. (35% time)
2. Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management for monitoring and follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (35% time)
3. Ensure compliance: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, and Standard operating Procedures. Ensure that all food handling processes are followed at all times along with kitchen safety standards. Perform daily inspections of product and service. Monitor cashier banks and ensure proper cash handling practices are followed. Oversee the proper entering and coding of all invoices and inventory information when food items are received. (15% time)
4. Cultivate a “Count on Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10 % time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)