Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Food and Beverage Supervisor
Supervises the Food and Beverage teams in assigned area(s) to ensure guests receive
the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis. Typically floats
between areas vs. being assigned to a single restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Supervises subordinate lead personnel in the assigned restaurants and/or In
Room Dining. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing
and training team members. Recommends applicants for selection. Plans,
assigns and directs work. May set work schedules. Recommends performance
ratings. Recommends merit increases, promotions and reclassification.
Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines.
2. Monitors day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure standards of product
presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed
property standards. Takes or recommends corrective action as needed.
3. Works to achieve budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes
profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approved computer
programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and
takes action based on that information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality
and portion control while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain
4. Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by
circulating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction
and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
5. Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up.
Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders as
needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. May prepare and submit
liquor and supply orders. Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensures
compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
6. Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in
developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting
with Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges,
and service standards are met.
7. Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department
8. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and
procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and
takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties
that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be
trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel
provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective,
damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager.
Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program
and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
9. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Recommends merit decisions within budget or established guidelines.
Recommends promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
2. Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
3. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter
to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events,
circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
4. Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic
beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest
complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. One to two years of increasingly responsible food and beverage experience in
hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
2. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing
training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides
a high level of guest satisfaction.
3. Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while
ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives
4. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability
to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional
demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and
commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult
guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
7. Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
8. Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Pacific Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.