Front Desk Agent
Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
Location: US - FL - Orlando
The Front Desk Agent greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and ensures accurate billing upon completion of guests stay to meet superior standards of quality and service. The Front Desk Agent is an ambassador of the hotel by providing any and all information requested by guests including hotel amenities, area attractions and restaurants and greeting all hotel traffic.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
80% Guest Service
· Ensures positive guest experience by utilizing the GUEST service standards and LEADER recovery steps.
· Processes arrivals and departures.
· Follows departmental SOPs and work instructions
· Ensure all communication between departments as necessary.
· Act as an ambassador of the Casa Monica and Kessler Collection.
· Ensure accurate billing for all guest folios.
· Assists with other Front Desk operations, such as PBX, Concierge, etc.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
1. High School diploma – required
2. Minimum 1 year Hospitality/Service experience-required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
1. Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers.
2. Strong verbal and written skills (effectively able to summarize daily events on MOD report).
3. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
4. Guest service demeanor and outgoing personality with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
5. Ability to perform all tasks for each job at the Front Desk.
6. Proficient in MARSHA/Opera systems.
7. Trained on Marriott rewards program/completed online training.
8. Computer savvy (MS Office suite).
9. Basic math skills for cash handling; ability to provide change and count bank at end of shift.
Kessler Grand Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of time will be spent standing behind the front desk assisting guests.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs, reach with hands and arms.