Front Desk Agent - Residence Inn by Marriott I-10 West/Park Row
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Front Desk Agent ensures guest satisfaction and revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for the guest. Works to optimize the guest experience while at the hotel and elsewhere by acting pleasant, professional and efficient.
* Books guest reservations and/or coordinates with reservation center
* Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests
* Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity
* Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy
* Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager
* Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls
* Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log
* Replenishes continental breakfast as needed and keeps area clean
* Checks guests in and out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
* Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
* Promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets and becomes informed and knowledgeable of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area.
* Answers guests’ questions about the property and amenities and is able to refer and direct guests to area attractions and outlets. Arranges for the appropriate transportation of guests to and from the hotel when necessary.
* Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
* Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
* Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
* Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
* Balances cash bag at open and closing of each shift.
* 1 year(s): Hotel or related Experience 1-3 months
* High School or better
See job description