Front Office Manager
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Location: US - CA - Burlingame
The Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront Hotel is currently looking for an experienced Front Office Manager to lead their Front Office team! The Front Office Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Front Office department to include the front desk, PBX, reservations, valet, bell services, Burlingame Airport Parking lot (BAP) and the Grab ‘n’ Go Gift Shop. The Front Office Manager supervises all Front Office team members to ensure high quality experiences for guests of the hotel & BAP are provided at all times while also generating maximum revenue for the department and upholding the standards of the brand and hotel.
- Establishes and upholds standards, policies and procedures for the Front Office staff
- Handles escalated guest complaints and requests as needed while also encouraging empowerment
- Resolves issues in a manner satisfactory to both the guest and the hotel
- Works with Sales and Revenue managers regarding guests and groups
- Completes weekly, monthly and annual reports as necessary
- Promotes self-development by attending training seminars, webinars and the like to ensure the Front Office is aligned with new and developing techniques and procedures and to enhance managerial skills
- Assists Front Desk Supervisors with duties when necessary to provide excellent guest service
- Hold or ensure pre-shift meetings with staff are taking place.
- Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
- Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
- Communicate daily with department managers and MOD and pass on pertinent information.
- Consistently monitor the performance of team members on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address team member complaints and resolve problems.
- Supervise the staff and handle any team member situation.
- Properly handle all administrative work with regard to interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals and terminations of staff
- Select qualified, goal and service oriented individuals and develop these individuals with clear guidelines.
- Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
- Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Maintain close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
- Prepare/approve and post weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
- Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for their respective department (PBX, Reservations, Front Desk, and Bell/Valet). Ensure Service Excellence Standards are in place.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs as needed.
- Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
- Prepare and submit guest incident reports when needed.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
- Plan, assign and direct work of team members and leadership staff.
- Prepare/approve payroll.
- Promote open channels of communication between all Front Office departments.
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices in addition to emergency response for life safety of our guests and team members.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these.
- Conduct/ensure the training on all new employees, and on going training of existing employees, including cross training for all positions as necessary. Use employee training documentation to record all areas of training completed and turn them into Human Resources to be included in the employee file.
- Facilitate/ensure new hire training.
- Facilitate/ensure departmental modules based on brand or property training; continually monitor, evaluate, and revise training content to reflect changes in the process; address the needs identified by associates.
- Train and develop leadership team.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the department.
- Prepare and control hotel budget for the department.
- Monitor departmental, payroll and supply expenses in accordance with budgetary goals.
- Holds department meetings and attends inter-departmental meetings.
- Conduct inspections of work areas regularly and address items that need attention.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Participate in Hotel Manager on Duty Program.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned.
- Implement and maintain brand and property specific activities that enhance guest experience.
- Participate in the management administration of the Burlingame Airport Parking lot.
- Must have at least 1 year hotel Front Office management experience, preferably at a Hilton hotel
- Must have at least 3 years hotel Front Office experience
RequiredCustomer Service Expert Conflict Resolution Advanced
PreferredONQ Some Knowledge Behaviors
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Associates or better in Business Management or related field.
Associates or better in Hospitality Management or related field.
Bachelors or better in Hospitality Management or related field.Experience
Licenses & Certifications