A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Manages all Front Office operations to ensure outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Builds and manages team effectively.
- Manages all Front Office operations (may include guest service and registration, room inventory and availability, PBX/communications, and bell operations.)
- Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to achieve results. Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success.
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and selecting those that best meet staffing needs.
- Participates in management training and ensures staff receives any required training or attends mandatory meetings.
- Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Monitors and assesses service and satisfaction trends, evaluates and addresses issues and makes improvements accordingly.
- initiates and implements up-selling techniques to promote services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
- Ensures team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
- Resolves customer complaints and anticipates potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and team member performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team members has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management is desired.
- Five or move years related Front Office experience and one year as Supervisor/Assistant Manager in similar setting.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate telephone/office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Repetitive motions are made while entering data into computers. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member regularly talks and hears to answer phones and communicate with guests or staff. Lifting is occasionally required to move luggage and equipment. Exerts up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view telephone console, computer terminal, documents and guests. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities.
The team member is subject to inside environmental conditions. The noise level is moderate. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to electrical current found in office related equipment. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, odors, or dusts.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.