A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Reg. FT Position.
(WATERLINE) Must be able to work Sunday-Wednesday 2:00pm-10:30pm.
Provides preparation of assigned kitchen area to ensure the highest level of food service and quality on a consistent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare foods such as salads, soups, sauces, meats, starches, vegetables according to prescribed recipes and guidelines.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of all menus, recipes, food quality standards and regulations.
- Complies with accuracy of portion sizes, quality standards, departmental policies and procedures, and accurately follows recipes.
- Assists with ensuring food leaves the kitchen simultaneously and in a timely fashion, is of high quality, and is prepared according to order.
- Ensures all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and knives.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to observe that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food onto serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- Maintains work area in clean, safe and organized manner.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Three years prior restaurant experience required. Culinary degree or training desired. Prior lead experience preferred.
- Experience in cooking proteins. fish and knowledge of how to sauté.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of restaurant food preparation, professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as BEO's, recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests. Bi-lingual English/Spanish helpful.
- Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card/SERVSAFE or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know and follow all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
Balboa Bay Resort and Club is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.