Full time Restaurant Host/Hostess
Loews Annapolis Hotel, is a 215 room hotel located in the downtown Annapolis area, just blocks away from the waterfront and historic district. In addition to boasting beautiful, updated guest rooms and 20,000 square feet of function space, we are the proud home of BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom. BAROAK is a three meal restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant features a popular weekend brunch, full bar serving crafted cocktails and a wide variety of brews bottled and on top, as well as outside seating facing West Street.
We are currently seeking full time Hosts and Hostesses to be able to work flexible shifts including breakfast lunch, and dinner. Schedule is flexible based on business levels.
Responsible for the greeting and seating of Restaurant customers, the Hostperson is key in ensuring that all guests are welcomed warmly, and that their service is quick, efficient and genuine.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises Servers and Service assistants in the absence of manager
- Controls Reservation Book, accepts reservations and enters them accurately into the record
- Maintains guest history files, uses information to enhance repeat guests experience
- Assigns work stations and pre-meal side work, inspects dining room and service areas to ensure completion of all tasks prior to start of meal period
- Maintains guest records to; record arrival, cover count, seat assignment, turnover, availability
- Inspects menus to ensure cleanliness and acceptability
- Greets guests in a polite professional manner
- Determines guest needs, verifies table availability, assigns appropriate table for seating
- Guides guest to appropriate table
- Assists guest with seating, and presents menu
- Ensures removal of unnecessary place settings at occupied tables
- Notifies server of guest seating, and communicates any special needs or requests
- Inspects dining room appearance constantly, assigns correction of deficiencies to appropriate employee
- Monitors dining room activity, assists Servers and Assistants as needed to ensure performance to standard
- Assigns post meal side work, inspects dining room and service areas to ensure completion of all tasks
- Other duties as assigned
As a full time team member the host person would be eligible to participate in excellent benefits including low cost health/dental/vision, paid vacation, paid sick and personal time, paid holidays, free life insurance, low cost short and long term disability, access to Loews Hotels team member travel benefits, Rewards for volunteering, Pet bereavement, access to career development and exposure to excellent food and beverage training and concepts, cross training in other positions, and other benefits designed to meet the unique needs of our team members.
The ideal candidate for the Host person will possess the following qualities and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two + years experience as Host/Supervisor in high volume upscale Hotel or free standing Restaurant or previous experience in a high end customer service environment
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant terminology and food service techniques and sanitation standards
- Exceptional guest service skills and proven ability to multi task
- Excellent management, leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Clean and polished appearance
- Excellent work history
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Interested candidates should submit their resume via the hcareers posting or through the Loews Hotels career website which is: www.loewshotels.com/careers-en
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V