SpringHill Suites by Marriott - Amarillo, Texas
Location: US - TX - Amarillo
SpringHill Suites by Marriott - Amarillo, Texas
This brand new property in Amarillo offers an experienced General Manager an exciting opportunity. The General Manager positions are key to the success of Platinum Management Services, LLC. The ideal candidate for a General Manager position is one who can lead with a passion that inspires his or her staff and attracts the industry's best talent. Successful candidates also provide strategic leadership with expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the hotel while improving on the current model, and in doing so, helps their property and our business thrive.
General Managers who elicit superior performance from their staff, exhibit excellence in cultivating the guest experience, and succeed in the translation of their vision for future business have unlimited opportunities within Platinum Management Services, LLC and among the brands that compose our continually growing portfolio of properties.
We offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment in which talented professionals can thrive. At Platinum Management Services, LLC you'll have the opportunity to do your best work in an atmosphere that's fun and open to innovative thinking.
Job Profile Summary:
Responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability in accordance with Company and Brand standards. Generate and manage departmental budgets, GOP, sales and marketing plans, forecasting and monitor activities/performance to ensure established goals are met or exceeded. Recruit, train and develop departmental personnel. Provide exemplary performance for staff to follow. Maintain professionalism at all times. Possess technical knowledge and aptitude. Develop business relationships and provide exceptional customer service. Build strong rapport with key stakeholders/ property owners through proactive and ongoing communication. Provide in depth analysis of property performance, guest, financial and personnel data. The General Manager will have access to confidential personnel, Company data and systems and as such will be required to maintain confidentiality and ensure such sensitive data is secured.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the following - Other Duties May Be Assigned:
- Adhere to Platinum Management Services, LLC. and Brand specific standards.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the property, guests and associates.
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures and policies (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards.
- Interact with guests and other customers on a frequent basis about their experiences at the property. Communicate and utilize feedback with team to improve guest and customer experiences.
- Generate, execute and manage departmental budgets, GOP, sales and marketing plans, forecasting and monitor activities/performance to ensure established goals are met or exceeded.
- Direct the scheduling of events and group activities at the hotel and coordinate with all departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Monitor competitive set (STR), analyze Occupancy, ADR, RevPar and share data with management to develop effective business strategies for achieving goals.
- Manage the implementation of PIP and or other major Company and Brand enhancements.
- Act as project manager for execution of property capital improvements.
- Responsible for guest satisfaction (SALT/GSS) scores. Review guest comments and overall scores with management team. Respond timely to guest comments in accordance with brand standards.
- Maintain Company and Brand quality assurance (QA) standards daily.
- Immediately record and file incident reports on any injured guest or employee.
- Record and file loss, theft or non-injury related incidents timely.
- Implement and monitor sales and revenue strategies for the property daily.
- A portion of the day must be spent walking the property to ensure public space, grounds, kitchen areas, guest rooms, pool, laundry area, housekeeping area, maintenance area, business center, fitness center, meeting rooms, and all work areas meet sanitation, cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Cultivate and maintain business relationships with in-house guests, local community, targeted and existing customer accounts.
- Attend local community events, conventions, sales and marketing events and other business functions.
- Recruit, orient, train, motivate and provide career development for all personnel.
- Perform and document disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensure all personnel required certifications, permits and training documentation are completed and current.
- Verify and ensure personnel documentation is, and remains in compliance with Federal and State regulations, and Company requirements.
- Prepare and/or approve work schedules to manage labor and payroll costs that support the property budget and forecast goals. Manage departmental hours to prevent overtime.
- Review and edit (if applicable) personnel time records daily. Finalize and approve period-ending records timely.
- Create and support clear lines of responsibility for management team including 24/7 coverage and oversight.
- Be proficient in all front desk, night audit and guest service operations.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable (inclusive of guest ledger, direct billing, collection activity and balance of the receivables).
- Verify monies taken in against PMS reports, record appropriate transactions and prepare and make bank deposits daily.
- Process and approve requisitions, purchase orders and invoices in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that an effective preventative maintenance program is followed.
- Keep Company business including but not limited to, financials, personnel, guest and customer data strictly confidential.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of business applications MS Office, PMS, POS, (ERP a+) etc.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required. Proficient in English, Bi-lingual a plus.
- Complete understanding of hotel operations, budgets, P&L’s, etc.
- Ability to attend and complete Company and Brand training. Travel may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; nights, weekends, holidays, flex shifts – a minimum of 55 hours a week.
- Ability to attain and maintain ServSafe/Food handler/Server permit for Food and Beverage preparation and serving. Beverages may be inclusive of alcohol - location specific.
- Stand for an extended period of time, able to walk distances frequently.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance.
- Be organized.
- Maintain professionalism at all times in a fast paced team environment.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time.
- 3+ years of hospitality/hotel management experience required.
- Brand certification(s) preferred.
- College degree preferred.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume directly to the Vice President of Operations, Regina Samy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay commensurate with Experience.
No Phone calls please.