Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Location: US - VA - Herndon
Job Duties & Essential Functions
The GM is responsible for the overall management and operation of the hotel including profitability, guest service, quality, and overall cleanliness & maintenance of the property
- Lead the Executive and Management team effectively.
- Plans, develops and implements hotel policies and goals.
- Coordinates activities of departments such as rooms, food, beverage, engineering, sales, and administrative to create operational efficiency and economy.
- Directs and coordinates promotion of products and services to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain a competitive position in the industry.
- Analyzes department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made and allocates operating budget.
- Confers with personnel and reviews activity, operating and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Directs preparation of directives to departments outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Promotes the hotel in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team. Ability to build morale and spirit.
- Ability to interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to negotiate, prospect, plan, prioritize, and organize.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements, forecast business, prepare annual budget and marketing plan.
7 plus years as a General Manager in a Full Service Hotel (required) with 400+ guest rooms.
Hilton Brand Experience or major brand experience required.
The Hilton Washington Dulles is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-834-1981 to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Licenses & Certifications