Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Oversee the daily operations of the Guest Experience Department. Ensure that Front Office communications meet hotel standards for maximum guest satisfaction. Act as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments in the absence of the Director of Guest Experience/Assistant Director of Guest Experience.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to Director of GE/ Assistant Director of GE.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Runs the entire Guest Relations Operations.
* Liaison with VIP guests for private business meetings in suites/function rooms.
* Develops new ideas for VIP amenities.
* Is the key person stationed in the lobby to welcome and greet guests upon arrival and departure.
* Meets all VIP guests.
* Escorts VIP guests to rooms.
* Responsible for achieving and maintaining high guest retention ratio.
* Responsible for physical inspection of all VIP rooms, prior to arrival.
* Responsible for maintaining the highest quality database relating to Guest History and implementing guest recognition programs
* Prepare for daily VIPs arrivals in terms of room allocation, amenities and special requests of Guests.
* Keep ready for VIP arrival (room keys, welcome drink)
* Register and process check in/out for all VIPs guests efficiently and professionally (desk less arrival).
* Update guest information into the computer after a complete check in.
* Accountable for cashiering duties, foreign exchange transactions, night audits tasks and settlement upon Guests' departure.
* Provide friendly sand courteous service to guest and respond promptly to all requests and inquiries at all time
* Resolve guests' complaints/ requests and liaise with the department concerned to ensure immediate follow up
* Handle issuance of guest room key cards and ensure effective control for guest security.
* Ensure that all messages, mails and packages are delivered to the guest room.
* Assist at the Front Desk or PBX when assigned and needed.
* Have knowledge of the hotel rate codes, package, segmentation, discounts and how to handle each.
* Maintain continuous contact with hotel guest to ensure that any problem or complain are handle efficiently & courteously.
* Daily courteous calls to VIP rooms, so too with other guests.
* Be aware of the hotel accident Prevention Policies.
* Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of front office area.
* Review log book, verify outstanding and follow up pending. Identify if any special assignment for the day
* Check Hotel situation, occupancy, functions, groups, VIPs.
* Re-announce VIP rooms to Housekeeping and F&B departments.
* Check if all departure details for the day have been taken, as well as for the next day.
* To arrange for bouquets, cake and cards in case of guest's anniversary and birthdays.
* Check VIP rooms after amenities are placed.
* Coordinate arrival & departure transportation arrangements for all VIPs when needed / appropriate
* At the end of the shift or the day, must communicate all information that all must know to ensure success
* The above is an excerpt of the duties and responsibilities required for the candidate to fulfill their daily role. Must be ready to support the entire Front Office operation.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Supervises on-going training initiatives.
* Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
* Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
* Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Lifestyle and/or Luxury Hotel experience
* Minimum of 3 years Front Office experience preferred
* Opera Experience -- highly beneficial
* Excellent English communication (verbal & writing)
* Bi-lingual preferred
* Good organizational skills
* Effective time management, communication and presentation skills
* Ability to successfully motivate a team
* Confidence in speech
* Knowledge of the City
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.