The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is looking for a Guest Services Agent to provide courteous service to our guests throughout their stay.
The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland. It is several blocks from Carnegie Mellon University as well as several UPMC hospitals. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Nearby attractions include Heinz Field, Consol Energy Center, PNC Park, Kennywood Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, and Point State Park. Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
• Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
• Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
• Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
• Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
• Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
• Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
• Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
• Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
• Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
• Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
• Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
• Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
• Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
• Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
• Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
• Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest needs