Corporate OverviewClub Quarters Hotels are full service hotels designed for business travelers with prime city center locations in New York, London, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Houston, and San Francisco. Organizations become members to save through low fixed rates, available 365 days a year, even when a city is full. Our members include Fortune 100 companies, the largest global banks and insurance companies, prominent technology and consulting firms, and well over 100 law firms, universities and non-profits. Business travelers staying with Club Quarters Hotels will experience a warm, club-like atmosphere, free high speed Wi-Fi, chilled bottled water, and access to the Club Living Room, an inviting lounge with collaborative work spaces, wireless printing, complimentary coffee and tea, and the opportunity to network and socialize.
The Guest Service Manager exudes warmth and hospitable service to all guests ensuring that their stay goes well while handling Front Desk functions with a focus on Life-Safety and Decision-Making responsibility.
Candidates must have Fire Safety Certification to be considered.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Front Desk Management
· Responsible for all aspects of operating the Front Desk.
· Handle and respond to guest requests and issues in a timely manner.
· Review arrivals and ensure all special requests and V.I.P. reservations are properly blocked and prepared.
· Communicate guest needs to appropriate departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Interact directly with guests on all Front Desk issues i.e. reservations, billing inquiries, concierge duties, etc.
· Assist co-workers and work as a team to create a positive environment for guests and staff.
· Review room inventory daily and contribute to achieving a sell-out.
· Maintain composure during sold-out nights while delivering excellent guest satisfaction.
· Analyze and resolve problems with PMS and/or interfaces in a timely manner.
· Be knowledgeable of and adhere to procedures related to Front Office operations.
· Provide Concierge Service for guests and remain knowledgeable and updated on local events, services etc.
· Responsible for appropriate revenue collection from all guests by ensuring they receive a bill for services provided, all credit cards on file are valid, credit is not extended beyond the appropriate levels. etc.
· Maintain standard operating procedures as related to Overnight procedures, i.e. proper credit policies.
· Handle all phone calls to the Front Desk in a professional and courteous manner.
Life Safety / Building Management
· Remain calm and authoritative in fire & safety issues.
· Communicate effectively with all departments in the hotel and advise Senior Management accordingly.
· Make appropriate decisions as the Manager on Duty, analyze situations and react accordingly when the hotel operation is affected.
NYC Fire Safety Certification required.
Minimum of 3-years Front Office experience.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Strong customer service skills.
Knowledge of computers - Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word