Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
Greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction. Take payments for guests’ checks from the restaurant.
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner as they arrive, offer choice of seating, and then escort them to their table and present menu.
- Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Keeps customer count, as well as tracks table availability.
- Promptly answers the telephone and responds appropriately to the needs in a friendly and professional manner.
- Takes reservations.
- Keeps menus clean.
- Complete knowledge of daily specials, soups and hours of operation.
- Assist room service with overflow phone orders.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor/manager.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor/manager.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
- Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
- Assists other Restaurant Personnel when need.
- Hold a current Food Handler Card
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.