The Loews Atlanta Hotel is seeking a Housekeeping Houseperson to join our team. Loews Atlanta Hotel offers 414 supremely comfortable guest rooms, including 44 suites, all of which are luxuriously appointed and are furnished to suit the needs of both families and business travelers. Loews Atlanta Hotel features 40,000+ square feet of versatile indoor function space. For more information about the Loews Atlanta Hotel please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/atlanta-hotel/.
The Housekeeping Houseperson ensures the highest level of cleanliness and safety in all public and back of the house areas. Promotes excellent service to guests and team members. Works as a valuable member of a dedicated and professional team.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, in accordance with the company’s personal appearance standards
- Consistently maintains a friendly positive attitude that ensures positive guest experience and giving recognition to returning guests.
- Follow and adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the Housekeeping Department
- Follows proper etiquette when communicating over the radio
- Responsible for helping room attendants by emptying trash and soiled linen from housekeeping carts
- Help maintain the following areas at all times: public rest rooms, hotel lobby levels, ashtrays , elevators and tracks, ice machine areas, stairwells, building entrance and hallways
- Handle guests with excellent guest relations skills
- Clean back-of-the-house windows as needed
- Vacuum guest hallways daily
- Use proper chemicals when cleaning as described by the department’s procedures
- Attend all departmental meetings as scheduled
- Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain linen closets clean, stock and organize
- Bring trash to compactor at the end of the day
- Responsible for washing guest room glassware and delivered to linen closets
- Responsible for bringing dirty glassware to housekeeping at the end of the shift
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the company
- Able to handle objects, reach with arms and hands, push a cart weighing 100-150 lbs., and lift 50-70 lbs.
- Knowledge of and ability to use resilient floor cleaning/polishing and carpet shampoo equipment
- Ability to work 5:00 pm - 1:00 am, including weekends and holidays
- Genuine Spirit of Service
- Desire to work as part of a dynamic team to consistently deliver a quality product
- Basic English language skills
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V