Who We Are
At Kimpton it all starts with our culture, which is focused on supporting our employees' personal and professional growth. We believe that if we take care of our employees they will be able to take care of our guests, ensuring the satisfaction of our investors and our future. Our culture inspires confidence and leads to caring service that comes straight from the heart.
We also are a socially responsible employer and citizen thanks to our Kimpton EarthCare and Kimpton Cares programs. Kimpton EarthCare is our industry-leading environmental program in which we have adopted eco-friendly operational practices and products to do our part in supporting a sustainable world.
We are proudly celebrating our 5th year on Fortune Magazine's "Best Companies to Work For" list.
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Supervises and coordinates activities of room attendant/room cleaners engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of hotel by performing the following duties.
- Select, staff, recruit, hire, and train qualified housekeeping candidates.
- Schedule the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery, and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning as necessary.
- Schedule cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
- Schedule cleaning for periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
- Schedule cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed function.
- Schedule deep cleaning of all meeting rooms on periodic basis including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, etc.
- Ensure all meeting room functions are properly set up according to the requests indicated on the meeting room/event function sheets.
- Read front desk log book for the pertinent housekeeping information.
- Obtain all housekeeping reports and messages from the front desk and PBX departments.
- Confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find substitutes for absence employees.
- Prepare room assignment for the attendants.
- Distribute room assignments and keys.
- Check floors periodically, update the current room status, and identify opportunities for House person service.
- Communicate with the Front Desk, Sales, and Maintenance Departments to ensure a high quality product and service level is delivered to our guests.
- Answer the department telephone to respond quickly to requests from guests.
- Check hotel's computer for information concerning room status and enter updated room status.
- Review outside laundry facility servicing to ensure quality, undamaged linens and consistent delivery, keeping in mind the budgetary guidelines.
- Review and update systems and supplies purchase for guest room accommodations using budgetary guidelines.
- Orient and familiarize new personnel with hotel facilities and operating hours.
- Train by instruction and practice, both formally and on-the-job; and update staff on any new laws or regulations necessary to safely perform their tasks.
- Maintain good performance and productivity levels by setting quality standards following hotel procedures and policies.
- Control all expenditures relating to Housekeeping, including, labor, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Prepare annual housekeeping budget.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: a) the guest rooms; b) linens and uniforms; c) lost and found; d) laundry; and e) janitorial department and night cleaners.
- Establish quality-cleaning programs to ensure appearance and life of all furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Submits requests for repair of cleaning equipment.
- Requisitions or purchases other supplies and equipment for hotel room honor bars, toiletries, and paper products.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).
What's in it for you?
Enough about us - it's all about you! As a consistently named Best Place to Work both nationally and locally, we provide many benefits to our employees. After all, if we want you to care for our guests, we have to care about you first! Are we right?
• Subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision
• Programs for continuous growth and career development
such as Kimpton University and a formalized Mentor program
• A Managers' Parental Leave Program
• Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Discounts
• Paid sabbaticals for General Managers and Executive Chefs