Personal and comfortable, with all the luxury amenities you'd ever want. The only hotel on the picturesque shores of Lake Washington, we're only three miles from the high-tech corridor of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothell and just fifteen minutes east of Seattle. That means we're minutes from where you need to be, but far from the everyday.
We have two extraordinary lakeside restaurants. State-of-the art business facilities. Unsurpassed views of the lake, Seattle skyline and the Olympic Mountains beyond. Northwest tranquility in the Northwest Face Spa at the Woodmark. And then there's our incredible staff. Woodmark employees are warm, approachable and anticipate your every need. We love to delight with extra touches to make your stay special: martini bars in every room, garden sculptures adorning our lakeside esplanade and our famous complimentary "Raid the Pantry" every night. And while you're a guest here, you're also a member of the Woodmark Yacht Club, which means access to private parties, kayaking and boat tours of Washington Lake aboard the Woodmark II, our 1956 Chris Craft.
Truth is, our idyllic location on Lake Washington makes everything more serene. A corporate retreat re-energizes your staff. A family reconnects on a sunset kayaking trip. A lakeside wedding becomes forever. Hugely popular for corporate events, weddings and important family occasions, the Woodmark Hotel & Spa is ultimately a place where guests feel at home, and home is on the shores of Lake Washington. Please join us.
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he is responsible for providing support in maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping storage and linen closets and other assigned areas. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for the hotel.Essential Functions
- Be knowledgeable of all services/features and local attractions/activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries
- Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible and ensure completion of all general cleaning duties as assigned; check in with supervisor for additional assignments throughout the shift
- Stock cleaning carts, housekeeping storage and linen closets and public areas with designated supplies and equipment
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping linen and storage closets and public areas as assigned (i.e. remove trash and linen, wipe down shelves/counters, vacuum carpets and area rugs, sweep and wax floor, relocate improperly stored items to proper storage areas, etc.)
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or bodily fluids in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Provides accurate key control and effective security for all keys, buildings and vehicles
- Follow proper procedures to report any damages or maintenance problems
- Handle lost and found items according to department and company procedures
- Report to work on time and according to posted schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules