Education & Experience:
- Experience in a hotel or related industry helpful.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be proficient in company-approved word processing and spreadsheet applications as evidenced by the ability to troubleshoot spreadsheets and basic PC problems.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
· Attend meeting and take minutes.
· Manage existing files and create new ones as needed.
· Greet internal & external guests in a friendly and professional manner.
· Maintain adequate supplies for copier, fax and postage machines and coordinate repair services.
· Handle complaints/questions/special requests from internal guests.
· Assist with the recruitment process.
· Perform complimentary notary services for staff and guests.
· Conduct initial pre-screening interviews for candidates
· Review and respond to all timesheet edits, payroll corrections, etc.
· Assist F&B department in creation of collateral and menus for special promotional projects.
· Maintain monthly update of employee birthday and anniversaries.
· Review all outgoing mail.