Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Human Resources/Payroll Administrator assists in administration of the Human Resources tasks and programs in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations. In addition, this position processes, balances and produces error-free paychecks in accordance with human resources and accounting policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of pay records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Place recruitment ads, screen applicants and refer qualified candidates to management. Conduct reference checks as assigned. Ensure timely compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- Maintain associate personnel files. Complete appropriate paperwork for new hires, personnel actions and terminations. Keep Payroll informed timely of new hires, transfers, job changes, raises, terminations and other changes.
- Input new hires, personnel changes, and rate changes in to the pay system after receiving proper authorization from management.
- Maintain confidentiality and keep payroll records updated with current information, i.e. rates, W4 status, benefit status, address or telephone numbers, etc.
- Enter pay details including time clock records, tips, absences and management-approved paid time off.
- Prepare payroll reports and verify accuracy. Approve payroll after all changes have been made to ensure timely, accurate processing. Receive and distribute paychecks.
- Assist in administering wage garnishments as directed by Corporate Payroll.
- Assist with orientations and exit interviews.
- Assist with benefits administration including insurance, 401K Plan, vacation, sick, leave of absence and jury duty.
- Assist in administration of OSHA, workers compensation and unemployment claims.
- Assist with associate awards & recognition programs.
- Keep bulletin boards current, post memos, pictures of employee events, loss prevention materials, etc. Assist in the production of a newsletter, as assigned.
- Prepare correspondence and reports in a timely, accurate manner. Maintain logs as assigned.
- On time and at work when scheduled.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus schooling in human resources or equivalent experience. One or more years of employment in related position. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Bilingual fluency a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to type 40 or more words per minute along with Microsoft Office fluency - Word, Excel, Power Point. Ability to maintain confidentiality with tact, diplomacy, and discretion. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on management’s direction and Company policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with strong organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.