In Room Dining Captain
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Location: US - AZ - Scottsdale
In Room Dining Captain
Assist with providing 5 Diamond service to guest rooms through Room Service and Refreshment Center offerings.
Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort recently opened 102 new guest rooms in June 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 25th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to In Room Dining Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for Supervising the In Room Dining:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Oversee daily operations of the In Room Dining department as needed to ensure standard compliance, guest satisfaction and to direct colleagues with Pre Meal
- Assist with facilitating training sessions and testing for staff regarding service, wine and food.
- Daily focus on improving revenues, average checks and capture for all meal periods
- Investigate, counsel, and participate in disciplinary processes when necessary
- Monthly focus on driving JD Power scores and AAA Standards
- Ensure administrative matters are completed in a timely fashion including: Avero, Daily Line Ups etc.
- Communicating all important activities with other captains and manager
- Strategize with other Managers and Colleagues to maximize Guest Satisfaction with The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess’ dining experiences
- Previous experience is an asset
- Minimum 3 years Food & Beverage managerial experience in a high-end hotel/resort setting, preferably 5-diamond
- Knowledge of 5 Diamond dining
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Food, Wine, and service background
- Ability to train and develop new colleagues and supervisors
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work with a diverse staff
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/Meet/Grooming-Guidelines
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V