A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Supervises the Food and Beverage teams in assigned area(s) to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis. Typically floats between areas vs. being assigned to a single restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Supervises subordinate lead personnel in the assigned restaurants and/or In Room Dining. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training Team Members. Recommends applicants for selection. Plans, assigns and directs work. May set work schedules. Recommends performance ratings. Recommends merit increases, promotions and reclassification. Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines.
- Monitors day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure standards of product presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards. Takes or recommends corrective action as needed.
- Works to achieve budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approved computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality and portion control while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders as needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. May prepare and submit liquor and supply orders. Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensures compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting with Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Recommends merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Recommends promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
- Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Bacara Resort and Spa is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.