Intern, Global Analytics
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Mar 6, 2018
Position DescriptionGlobal Analytics & Customer Insights team is looking for a high energy and self-motivated analytics summer Intern to help deliver analysis, insights and reporting to various departments at Radisson Hotel Group. The Analytics Intern will work closely with members of the Global Analytics team as well as business partners across the organization to solve complicated business and operational problems. You will apply your mathematical and statistical analysis skills to deliver insights. You will participate at all levels of analysis including data management, descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, data visualization, and reporting/dashboarding. You will leverage tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, R, and Python to gather, manipulate, and analyze data. This includes the opportunity to gain experience in consultation and presentation. The Internship lasts 10-12 weeks and is offered at our world Headquarters in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
- Contribute to ongoing Analytics projects and needs by supporting data analysis, reporting, data visualization, and presentation of insights.
- Perform analysis that helps the business understand current performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Learn the key drivers and metrics in the hotel business. Is aware of current trends and events in the industry and understand how they apply to the business.
- Create and update dashboards that report key metrics and guide business decisions.
- Currently pursuing a degree in quantitative fields such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, Physics, and Economics.
- Curiosity and a strong desire to learn in a corporate environment.
- Ability to work with large sets of data, conduct analysis, and present findings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software applications.
- Competency in data query language such as SQL
- Experience using statistical packages for analyzing large data sets - R, Python, SAS, Alteryx or other statistical packages strongly preferred.
- Experience in Tableau or other data visualization software is a plus, but not required.
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.