IT Support Specialist
PM Hotel Group
Location: US - MD - Chevy Chase
Provide IT support at hotels in the Delaware and surrounding areas. Be available as backup support for the entire portfolio. Additionally, the candidate will provide IT support during hotel acquisitions and conversions.Travel and extended hours are required.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Monitor and manage IT support tickets for the Delaware region.
- Provide onsite IT assessments of hardware, software, and network for each hotel assigned.
- Provide repair and configuration services to managed network equipment, back office computers and printers.
- Configure back office routers and firewalls.
- Ensure hotel networks meet PCI compliance.
- Monitor, document and manage system backup functions.
- Document systems inventory (w/available warranty information).
- Create network diagrams of back office and brand network.
- Communicate regularly to the Corporate IT Director; recommend improvements.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of hotel IT systems including PMS, POS, and sales systems a plus.
Must understand TCP/IP and have a working knowledge of router and firewall configuration.
Must have a good understanding of networking and HSIA.
Knowledge of PCI is a plus.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
Four-year college degree preferred.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.