The Commander Hotel
Location: US - MD - Ocean City
REPORTS TO: Laundry Supervisor or Executive Housekeeper
Purpose for the Position: Process soiled linen and distribute clean linen in accordance with standard operating procedures in a safe, accident-free manner, as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Provide professional and courteous service at all times.
- Receive and sort soiled linen into appropriate containers.
- Process sorted linen utilizing the washers, dryers, sheet spreaders, ironers, and feeder/folders ensuring finished product is inspected and meets quality standards.
- Maintain assigned work area in a clean and safe condition.
- Notify Supervisor/Manager of malfunctioning equipment, supplies needed, damaged linens, to ensure laundry operation is running at maximum efficiency level.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
- Understand simple instructions.
- Previous Laundry experience preferred.
- Must be able to speak in language understood by guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to operate industrial laundry equipment.
- Use only approved chemicals and follow all Hotel safety standards.
- Learn simple procedures and techniques.
- Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
- Be available for work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting up to 75 lbs of linen, 75% of shift; Pushing up to 75 lbs of linen, 50% of shift; Pulling up to 75 lbs of linen, 20% of shift; Carrying up to 50 lbs of linen, 10% of shift. Frequent bending while loading/unloading washers/dryers, sorting linen and folding.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Add and subtract.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read at least at a minimum level.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Comparing: Judging the readily observable functional, structural or compositional characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
People: Taking Instructions-Helping: Helping applies to "non-learning" helpers. No variety of implicit wishes of people is involved in this function.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.