Laundry Attendant - Full Time
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Location: US - CA - Rancho Cordova
The Sacramento Marriott located in Rancho Cordova is a unique Full Service hotel with 14,000 square feet of meeting space and full catering capabilities. On site is a Full service Starbucks offering discounts to our Team Members. The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova is a top ranked hotel on TripAdvisor Popularity in Rancho Cordova- Centrally located between Sacramento and Folsom with easy freeway & light rail access.
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for cleaning and preparing the hotel’s linen supply for guest room occupancy. Cleans washer and dryers and keeping laundry room clean.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and will not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, maintain concentration, and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to communicate calmly with irate Guests, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Treat co-workers and guests with courtesy, friendliness and respect and provide responsive service.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in verbal, written or diagram form.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to interact with people, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads articles into washer to specific guidelines after proper sorting and weighing has been done.
- Sets the machine to the proper cycle which allows the proper chemical to flow into the machine. Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into dryers for measured time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to type. Folds and places items in appropriate areas.
- Makes sure all chemical containers are full so that the cycle of the machine will run correctly. Exchanges full for empty containers as necessary, following safety guidelines.
- Removes torn, ripped, stained or worn articles. Discard items and log them for inventory.
- Soaks contaminated articles to precondition articles for washing.
- Sweeps, mops and dusts laundry room. Stocks and organizes shelves.
- Cleans lint traps regularly.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Attends department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Constantly on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Constantly. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Occasionally.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 25 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally required to speak to others in person.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally required to listen to others in person.
VISION: Constantly required to see up close and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally required to see distances.
Exposure to chemicals, bloodborne pathogens, noise, vibrations: Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic materials; may occasionally come into contact with bloodborne pathogens, moderate noise conditions of a busy laundry with washing and drying equipment.
Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles: Equipment to carts, cleaning tools such as mops, vacuums, dusters, etc.
Work is mostly indoors, protected from weather, but not necessarily inside temperature changes.
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The Sacramento Marriott is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
PreferredTime-Management Novice Multi-Tasking Novice Detail Oriented Novice Customer Service Novice Behaviors
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications