- Supervises the Laundry department operations to ensure efficient delivery of quality product in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to all departmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Schedules personnel so as to ensure optimum performance of Laundry department and monitors daily payroll reports to ensure adherence to established budgetary guidelines for labor expense
- Oversees production schedules designed to meet the requirements of the respective hotel operating departments and monitors activities to ensure that schedules are met
- Supervises personnel, work assignments, and scheduling of product/equipment usage to maximize performance and productivity of available resources
- Attends meetings as necessary in order to keep up to date on respective hotel related activities/information
- Communicates frequently with hotel Executive Housekeeper, Food and Beverage managers and Guest Service managers to obtain information necessary to establish production schedules which address the current needs of the individual properties with regard to linen, employee uniforms and guest valet
- Assists laundry Manager in coordination of inventory control and replacement purchase requisition for all guest room linen, food and beverage linen, and employee uniforms
- Conducts periodic inventories of all linen and terry products, generates monthly usage report
- Communicates pertinent information to manager in order to maintain effective operation of the department
- Attends meetings as required to maintain communications with all department personnel
- Monitors chemical usage so as to maintain acceptable “per pound” production process costs
- Produces reports relating to employee/equipment productivity, linen usage and damage/discard statistics necessary to evaluate department performance and assist in maintaining operating par stocks for all guest room / F&B linen
- Maintains preventive maintenance schedules, monitors performance of all recommended/required activities to ensure equipment performs safely, efficiently and that down time is kept to a minimum
- Stays current with regard to changes in technology, and/or operational procedures that effect the operation of the Laundry department
- Interviews, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines departmental personnel according to Loews standards
- Follows New Hire Training and ongoing Star Service programs in accordance with hotel policy
- Determines need for and conducts appropriate on-going training as required by Loews Hotels corporate training standards
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas where need for improvement or requirements for advancement exist, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same
- Three to five years experience in a modern, full service laundry operation, with one or more years supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of modern laundry equipment operation and production capabilities
- Knowledge of laundry chemicals, their use and MSDS safety related requirements
- Effective supervisory/managerial, leadership and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and non-verbal communications skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 35 pounds repetitively.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V