At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Responsible for the work direction of the closing dishwashers and graveyard cleaners.
· Supply training, supervision and direction to Stewarding employees through proper coaching, counseling, and review procedures to maximize their productivity.
· Ensure that all department standards are incorporated into daily service and product.
· Maintain the professionalism, quality and safety of the Stewarding staff by providing the training, leadership, direction, tools and motivating programs for growth and development. Sustain a positive work environment with maximum production and minimal turnover.
· Maintain the highest condition of cleanliness and sanitation in the Kitchen, Bar & Grille Kitchen, and Employee Cafe, to insure a 100% score on County Health Inspection.
· Maintain proper sanitation standards of kitchen including proper working order of dish machines and chemical usage. This includes preparing work orders for daily problems and doing a weekly walk-through with the Exec. Chef on long term maintenance projects.
· Effective utilization of Stewarding personnel to insure clean dishes, pot, pans and sanitation standards are met in all kitchens for overnight cleaning duties. All Kitchen Equipment will be cleaned and prepared for daily operations. Floors, Sinks, Mats, Dumpsters, Trash Cans, Walls, Hoods and Vents all must be free of debris and clean before daily operation can commence.
· Attend meetings that affect your department.
· All counters must be cleaned at the end of the shift.
· Meet all cleaning and sanitation requirements.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Three years’ experience in a hotel or conference center environment.
· One-year supervisory skills preferred
· Experience working with chemicals.
· Knowledge of kitchen cleaning, including stoves, and floors.
· Organizational skills.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Walking, Bending, Balancing, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying up to 50lbs, Gross Motor Skills, Far Vision, Hearing, Reaching, Manual Dexterity, Eye Hand Coordination, Near Vision & Color Recognition; Occasional Crouching, Crawling & Kneeling; Constant Standing
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Inside, Alone, Closely with Others, Excessive Humidity/Dampness, Above Ground; Working with Noice/Vibrations, Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners; Working around Fumes/Gas/Smoke; Walking on Uneven Surfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.