Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
SUMMARY: The Kitchen Cook is primarily responsible for following specified standard recipes as directed and prepare food to the Executive and Sous Chefs specifications. S/He will contribute to the Hotel's success as a team player and Department Head.
The Kitchen Cook shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with staff and guests with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a teamwork orientation towards co-workers.
- Work safely and effectively with all kitchen equipment and staff.
- Show initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- Show willingness to be trained in all areas of preparation.
- Sustain clear and effective communications.
- Operate with integrity and commitment for continued growth.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest ingredients in the preparation of all menu items.
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Maintain a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Accept responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of the guests and employees.
- Emphasize safety awareness.
- Represent the interest of the Hotel and its employees in a fair, impartial, and equitable manner.
- Reinforce the highest standards of quality, service, and overall integrity of guest experience.
- Work to develop and maintain the highest culinary standards.
- Maintain a focus on defining results.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Provide creative influence in establishing menu recipes and specials.
- Complete necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Build positive relations with team members and supervisors.
- Additional duties not listed and requested by management.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary coursework from recognized culinary institute
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous fine dining experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of plating procedures./
- Must have the ability to comply with sanitation guidelines
- Experience in working efficiently in a high volume, production-oriented environment./
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to carry oneself in a mature, professional and responsible manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees, and third parties that reflect highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company
- Service-minded and team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and hospitality knowledge
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Fluency in other languages beneficial