Line Cook 2
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
About our Hotel:
The Four-Diamond, award-winning Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center is Located in the historic Colorado National Bank building in downtown Denver. The Renaissance hotel is part of the Marriott family and it is managed by Stonebridge Companies. Our hotel offers 230 guest rooms in the heart of downtown Denver. For business and social functions we offer 6,000 square feet of gathering space and also utilize our historic with sixteen original murals created by famous Colorado artist Allen Tupper lobby for private functions. For dining options, we offer the award winning range restaurant, teller bar and the only illy caffé in Colorado.
Some of our benefits
• Opportunities for career growth
• Discounted RTD Eco bus/light rail pass
• Discounted Hotel rooms ( Marriott and Stonebridge Hotels)
• 20 % Discount on Dinning Experience at Marriott Properties
• 50 % Discount on Dining Experience at our managed restaurants
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Eligibility: 30 days after hire)
• 401(k) retirement plan offered after 6 months, eligible for company match at 1 year
• Free Life Insurance to all associates
• Discounted employee meals
• Anniversary Pay
• Holiday pay
And much more
The purpose of a Line Cook is to prepare and cook food that is consistent with the hotel’s standards and quality. A Line Cook operates under a chef in a restaurant or a food establishment. They will be responsible for carrying out the duties assigned by the Chef of the kitchen. This includes assisting with breakfast, lunch, dinner, banquets, and room service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Is knowledgeable of all menu items on scheduled shift (am/pm).
* Prepares all ingredients for the shift before service begins.
* Operates station in an efficient, safe manner.
* Practices serve-safe methods in preparing, cooking, holding and storing of all food items.
* Able to perform repetitive work.
* Knowledgeable of cooking procedures which mainly focuses on pantry items, prepping, sandwiches, salads, and desserts.
* Responsible for producing excellent quality.
* Follow opening and closing procedures.
* Able to work in a high pace and hot environment.
* Keep workspace fully stocked.
* Able to follow written or verbal instructions.
* Proper handling, storage of all food items.
* Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards.
* Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times.
* Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
* Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
* Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen.
* Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
* Uses proper knife skills.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to use cooking metrics and conversion methods for all cooking measurements.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
* Safe Serve/Food Handler’s Card
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Kitchen environment - varying degrees in temperature
• Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work – Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 20 lbs of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time or during entire shift.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nati