Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
A Beacon of Hospitality
Hotel LeVeque, the star of the Columbus skyline, blends history and contemporary design with the timeless art of hospitality for people who are looking for an indulgent escape. We are GRACIOUS, hospitable and passionate about standout service. We anticipate our guests’ needs and design spaces and signature experiences just for them. We are AUTHENTIC, Inside and out, our hotel reflects and illuminates its history and location. We embody the best of Columbus in architecture, Midwestern hospitality, food and beverage, and accommodations. We are INSPIRING, our hotel inspires travelers to explore, stay, work and relax through its design details and reputation for excellence and innovation. We are BOLD.
Hotel LeVeque is looking for full time line cook that wants to be a part of our fun and cooperative team. Experience working as a cook with a hotel is preferred but more importantly we are looking for a passion for cooking and a strong attention to detail.
* Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
* Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per hotel standards.
* Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Must be able to speak, read, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Be able to work under pressure.
* Be able to make excellent quality food.
* Have knowledge about kitchen hygiene & safety procedures.
* Requires good communication skills.
* Ability to stand for hours at a time.
* Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Ability to lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule
* High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Should have knowledge about ingredients and kitchen equipment.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Data not provided