Lobby Attendant/Guest Room Attendant PM Shift)
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Location: US - NM - Albuquerque
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown is looking for a Lobby Attendant to join their team! The Lobby Attendant is a part of the Housekeeping Department, and is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the hotel and guest rooms. This position will keep our public spaces clean and tidy as well as clean guest rooms on a nightly basis. Full time position- evenings, weekends, and holidays will be required.
- Move and arrange furniture
- Turn mattresses as required
- Hang draperies as required
- Dust furniture and equipment
- Polish metalwork and furniture
- Collect soiled linens for laundering and receive and store linen supplies in linen closet(s)
- Clean bathrooms and replenish with supplies
- Refurnish room with supplies, towels, etc as required
- Supply own cleaning cart with appropriate supplies for shift
- May deliver ironing boards, baby cribs, and roll-away beds to guestrooms
- May remove debris and clean driveways
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways and locker rooms and other work areas
- Sweep, scrub, wax and polish floors using brooms and mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies using vacuum cleaner
- Wash walls, ceilings and woodwork
- Wash windows, door panels and sills
- Empty wastebaskets, and empty and clean ashtrays
- Transport trash and waste to disposal area
- Replace light bulbs
- Abide by the regulations set forth by the Material Safety Data Sheets when using chemicals
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties
- Report to work for scheduled shift on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy
- Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner
- Perform other related duties as required
- By performing these assigned tasks, you thereby contribute to a pleasant, positive guest experience
- Loads carts with supplies needed to perform duties.
- Cleans all guest rooms as assigned within the required time limit. Duties in each room include:
- Change bed linens and makes bed.
- Vacuum carpet. Moves furniture as needed to clean.
- Dust and clean all furniture including picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TV’s, armoires, desks, etc.
- Clean mirrors, surfaces, windows, walls, etc.
- Thoroughly clean bathroom area by washing the shower/tub, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Replace room amenities such as bathroom supplies, drinking glasses, writing supplies, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Ensure guest room set up complies with standards.
- Reports any discrepancies in room status, why room was not completed, etc. to Inspector.
- Turns in all Lost & Found items following the standard procedures.
- Fills out assignment sheet as each room is completed.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit
- Background screening and drug test required
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance
- Local applicants will be considered first
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts
- Must be able to converse in basic English
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to lift/push/pull or carry at least 50+ pounds
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Must meet grooming standards
- Meet/exceed customer expectations
- An energetic personality
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory
- Candidate must be able to pass a background check
- High school degree or equivalent
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michele.email@example.com or call 505 349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.”
RequiredTeamwork Expert Multi-Tasking Expert Customer Service Expert Behaviors
High School or better.Experience
1 year: Janitorial
1-3 years: Housekeeping- Room Attendant
1-3 years: Lobby Attendant
Licenses & Certifications