Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
A Beacon of Hospitality
Hotel LeVeque, the star of the Columbus skyline, blends history and contemporary design with the timeless art of hospitality for people who are looking for an indulgent escape. We are GRACIOUS, hospitable and passionate about standout service. We anticipate our guests’ needs and design spaces and signature experiences just for them. We are AUTHENTIC, Inside and out, our hotel reflects and illuminates its history and location. We embody the best of Columbus in architecture, Midwestern hospitality, food and beverage, and accommodations. We are INSPIRING, our hotel inspires travelers to explore, stay, work and relax through its design details and reputation for excellence and innovation. We are BOLD.
Hotel LeVeque is looking for creative Lifestyle Engineers. Experience as a hotel engineer or other facilities maintenance position is preferred but more importantly we are looking for a passion to solve problems, a desire to work as part of a dynamic team, and an attention to detail even when under pressure.
What your job entails:
* You will maintain and repair every facet of our hotel to ensure the safety and quality of our building and facilities.
* You will anticipate our guests needs and work to prevent issues through regular inspections and maintenance.
* When a problem does arise you will take ownership and resolve the issue with efficiency and graciousness.
* You will work directly to create guest experiences that are exactly like nothing else.
* You will respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, disasters and power failures, notifying the appropriate authorities as well as General Manager and Chief Engineer.
* You will model the highest possible example in conduct, temperament, attendance, punctuality, and standards of work.
* You will work as in integral part of the hotel team, using all performance metric tools, to meet our customer service, facility, and revenue goals.
* You will take on any additional tasks.
* You have two-three years of facility maintenance experience. Preferably with a hotel.
* You can tell us about the machinery and facilities you have repaired and maintained.
* You can give us examples of times you have repaired items while under pressure.
* You must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* You should have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* You are able to stand for hours at a time.
* You understand this job requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* You have a high school degree or equivalent education. Mechanical certifications are a bonus.
Hotel LeVeque seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER