Maintenance Engineer level 3
Loews Annapolis Hotel is a 215 guest room hotel with 20,000 square feet of function space within the Hotel as well as the Powerhouse. We are the proud home of BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom. Just blocks away from the Historic District, the waterfront and shops and restaurants, we are seeking a qualified Maintenance Engineer for our team.
For more information on Loews Annapolis Hotel, please visit our site: www.loewshotels.com/annapolis
The maintenance engineer is responsible for General repair and maintenance of building and grounds, and completion of all maintenance requests. The position is full time and will work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the building and the guests. Scheduled shifts will change with the needs of the business and shifts include being scheduled for either the AM shift or the PM shift.
- Responds to trouble calls and maintenance requests throughout the hotel and grounds when assigned to do so. Utilizes the HOTSOS system effectively and efficiently according to hotel standards
- Communicates status of work in progress to supervisors
- Notifies supervisor / dispatcher as required upon completion of all work
- Completes appropriate records associated with work performed
- Makes repairs to equipment brought into shop
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals in performance of duties
- Uses all tools, equipment, materials and chemicals safely and efficiently according to manufacturers instructions/SDS requirements
- Address and responds to guest concerns that fall under maintenance accountability
- Completes special projects and assignments as necessary, to standard and by deadline
- Assists/performs minor set-ups for hotel meeting functions throughout the hotel and grounds
- Is completely familiar with Hotel Emergency procedures and responds quickly and appropriately to all emergency situations, and provides appropriate notifications to management
- Other duties as assigned
The position is full time and eligible for the following benefits;
- Low cost health benefits after 90 days
- Free life insurance
- Free on site parking
- Free shift meals
- Free uniform and uniform care
- 401k with company match
- Access to wellness programs and Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Paid Holiday time
- Paid bereavement leave and paid pet bereavement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Team member travel discounts and benefits
- Career development and the opportunity to learn new skills
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in general maintenance, Hospitality preferred. Specific skill set and knowledge preferred in one or all: HVAC, electrical, plumbing,
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to bend, stoop and lift (up to 75 lbs.) repetitively
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays
- Must be guest service oriented and possess excellent Hospitality skills
- Excellent work history that exhibits stability and increasing skills.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resumes through the Loews Hotels Career website at www.loewshotels.com/careers-en or via the hcareers site.
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V