Who We Are
At Oakwood, the foundation of our success is our culture which is centered on our Associates who passionately strive to meet the needs of our clients and guests every day. We foster collaborative team environments, career development opportunities, and award winning training and development programs to transform your job into a career with Oakwood.
As the founder and leader in the temporary housing industry, Oakwood Temporary Housing is the largest provider of high-quality, furnished and unfurnished apartments throughout the world as a spacious hotel alternative. Today, Oakwood operates throughout North America, Asia and Europe. Oakwood's annual revenue exceeds $600 million, employs 3,000 Associates, and manages 15,000 residences worldwide.
If you are a Maintenance Professional with Hospitality or Multifamily Housing experience looking to take your career to the next level, this is the position for you!!!
Hoping to grow your Maintenance and supervisory skills working in a team atmosphere? Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader. At Oakwood Worldwide, we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within!
Our Maintenance Supervisor in Crystal City oversees all maintenance functions in our beautiful and newly renovated property. If you enjoy working with a great team in a collaborative, fast paced environment with strong growth potential, apply today!
Your Hours and Location: 400 15^th Street South, Arlington, VA 22202 8:30 - 5:30 to include rotating weekend shifts
Maintenance – HVAC – Appliance Repair – Customer Service – Plumbing – Pool
What’s In It for You?
Maintenance Supervisor enjoys a diverse work-life. You will complete a wide variety of tasks on a large property that include preventive maintenance as well as apartment resets and responding to repair requests for our guest. Oakwood also has recognition and awards plus competitive compensation and benefits:
Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and Prescription Drug Programs / Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D / Short and Long Term Disability Insurance / Life Insurance for Family Members / Multifaceted Learning Opportunities / Educational Reimbursement / Paid Vacation & Sick Leave / Child Care Reimbursement / Direct Deposit Payroll and much more!
What Your Day Is Like
* As Maintenance Supervisor you and your team will be key to providing our guests with excellent customer service, completing guest work orders in a prompt and efficient manner
* You and your team will perform repairs on heating, cooling and plumbing and electrical equipment and you will ensure the maintenance budget is maintained & monitored along with your Property Manager
* During apartment turnovers you may reset furniture, perform painting tasks and other services to restore apartments to like new condition for our next guests
* You’ll be involved in overseeing and conducting our preventative maintenance programs ensuring the property stays in great shape and working with our outside vendors when required
* Occasionally your maintenance service requests will need to be performed after hours
* You and the team will keep our grounds safe during extreme weather conditions and you will conduct safety trainings for your staff
* You and your Property Manager will recruit, hire, and train and develop your staff
Best Maintenance Supervisor Candidates Will Have
* Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience in the hospitality or multifamily housing fields strongly preferred
* A minimum of five years experience working in a general maintenance position at an apartment, hotel or other multi-unit facility
* Experience in a lead or supervisory capacity strongly preferred
* Experience training other maintenance and custodial associates
* Must be able to read and write in English and have excellent interpersonal communications and customer service skills for daily contact with guests
* General knowledge of plumbing (i.e. repair exposed fixtures, sinks, toilets, and garbage disposals; replace faucets)
* General knowledge of electricity (i.e. replace outlets, light fixtures, wall switches, etc.) and appliance repair
* Pool Maintenance