Night Auditor - Part Time
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Location: US - NM - Albuquerque
Part-Time (Weekend Graveyard Shift): Responsible for performing all Night Audit and Front Office duties in accordance with policies and procedures and proving complete guest satisfaction. Responsible for daily communication between Night Audit and Accounting.
- Ability to abide by hotel policies and procedures.
- Ability to have positive work relations with all other hotel departments.
- Ability to assist in the training of new team members.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous when confronted with difficult situations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems while exercising good judgment in the best interest of the hotel.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all time of the hotel’s features, services, hours of operation, daily house count and expected arrivals and departures, scheduled in house activities and their locations and times.
- Answer the telephone within 3 rings and in accordance to proper telephone etiquette.
- Assist in maintaining front office supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Anticipate guest needs and respond promptly.
- Review the Log Book at the beginning of shift and communicate with outgoing and incoming front office staff as to any pertinent information.
- Greet guests as they enter the lobby and assist in luggage storage in the absence of a bell person.
- Assist guests with laundry, sending faxes, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Check the schedule daily and arrive for work 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time to facilitate a smooth transition with proper communication between shifts.
- Thank guests for staying at the hotel and always offer hotel facilities before offering guests outside facilities.
- Follow Service Promise guidelines.
- Perform all front desk duties to include but not limited to checking in and checking out guests, posting to guest accounts and making room reservations.
- Have complete knowledge of fire procedures.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Assist guests with safety deposit boxes, voice mail operations and wake up calls.
- Run all daily reports.
- Balance and post banquet checks.
- Sort and balance all associate shift audits.
- Balance daily credit card receipts and prepare for deposit. Resolve any discrepancies.
- Run preliminary audit in order to balance front desk and F&B audits.
- Prepare the F&B worksheets using the HIS reports.
- Review No Show billing and change any No Show reservation market codes to “NO SHOW”.
- Perform system backup procedures daily and perform monthly purges as instructed.
- Run end of day process after balanced and begin new business day.
- Prepare daily IDAR using reports printed during end of day procedures
- Print and distribute reports to necessary managers.
- Complete HIS backup and open system for the next business day.
- Ensure all reports and complete and balanced before leaving shift.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Local applicants will be considered first.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Computer experience required.
- Must meet or exceed the team expectations.
- An energetic personality.
- Ability to pass a background and credit check.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of hotel night audit or accounting experience required
- Previous front desk agent and Starwood experience preferred.
RequiredOrganized Expert Detail Oriented Expert Customer Service Expert Critical Thinking Expert Behaviors
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.Experience
1 year: Accounting
1-3 years: Customer Service
1-2 years: Hotel Night Audit
Licenses & Certifications