Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to high standard of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Gather supplies and set up banquet room as described in the Banquet Event Order and as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend stand up meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete, clear and, if necessary, reset banquet rooms according to Supervisors specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Line out supplies as directed for future functions as needed.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
- Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
- Assists other Banquet Personnel when need.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Hold a current Food Handler Card
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Lifting Thirty (30) pounds maximum.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
EOE M/F/D/V -- Westmont Hospitality Group conducts post-offer Background Check/Drug Testing