IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThe Regional Director of Revenue Strategy is focused on driving the optimal revenue performance for their portfolio of hotels. Their main goal is to drive the revenue team members and associated hotels to achieve optimal results. This includes ensuring focus is on the most optimal business mix through the most profitable channels leading the hotels to achieve optimal revenues and market share results.
*Location is flexible
- Leadership for all revenue team members - property, yield and analyst - are in the right positions to achieve goals and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying new candidates as appropriate.
- Partner with the property in the development and execution of a strategic, demand-based pricing philosophy for all room categories.
- Understand hotel competitive market and defined set, the relevance to each hotel based on market segments, location, price point, and positioning within the set.
- Responsible for ensuring that effective strategies are in place and being adhered to by the revenue management team at each hotel.
- Responsible for driving individual hotel performance to achieve optimal results.
- Responsible for driving the right execution of hotel strategies when needed.
- Ensure properties are maintaining and maximizing the value of RM support systems such as Ideas, Business Intelligence, Demand 360, Synxis CRS and Channel Connect, etc.
- Close partnership with senior sales and operational leaders
- Responsible for achievement of monthly key metrics within region: Budget, Forecast Accuracy, RPI.
- Responsible for achievement of optimal revenue mix for each hotel within region.
- To be an early warning resource so that properties, regional, and home office teams can help support and address potential revenue shortfalls well in advance so a plan can be enacted to mitigate loss.
- Ensures that all revenue management and related processes including demand, forecasting, opportunity analysis, competitive positioning, displacement analysis and parity are being adhered to and used properly, along with a focus on continuous improvement opportunities.
- Influence proper online and offline strategies
- Regularly attend revenue meetings for all Focus hotels and as needed and appropriate for remaining hotels.
- Responsible for future looking trend analysis and identifying gaps, opportunities, challenges, needs, etc. Work with hotels to close gaps.
- Future forecasts and need periods in advance and communicate these need periods to necessary departments such as sales.
- Gaps to budgets
- Gaps to occupancy, ADR and RevPAR from previous years in advance
- Ensure local hotel revenue team is working together in a cohesive and collaborative way to ensure optimal results.
- Support revenue team throughout the entire annual budget process.
- Meet regularly with revenue team to keep current on regional trends and perspectives in the industry and economic climate
- Responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding revenue personnel.
- Responsible for successful onboarding of new and transition hotels.
- To fill in for vacant DORS positions when needed.
- Loves change! Must be flexible as the role and responsibilities are ever changing.
- Thrives in a highly dynamic and faced paced environment.
- Is comfortable with owner relations and discussions.
- Is a proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Is a competitive person by nature.
- Can multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Can roll up sleeves and handle details and fly at a higher strategic level.
- Can manage across various levels of management.
- Loves helping and supporting others! Strong team development.
- Loves analytics!
- Loves to travel….there’s lots!