Exciting New Build SpringHill Suites & Fairfield Dual- Branded Property!
· Process reservations by email, telephone, fax or central reservation systems referral.
· Process reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
· Knowledgeable of the various room types as well as their location and layout.
· Knowledgeable and enforce selling status of all rates, and benefits of all rate plans and packages.
· Know the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
· Create and maintain reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
· Determine room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
· Prepare letters of confirmation.
· Communicate reservation information to the front desk and other departments as necessary.
· Process cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
· Understand the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
· Process advance deposits on reservations.
· Track future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
· Help develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
· Prepare expected arrival list for front office use.
· Assist in pre-registration activities when appropriate.
· Monitor advance deposit requirements.
· Handle daily correspondence.
· Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
· Ensure files are kept up to date.
· Prior Marriott/FOSSE experience is preferred but no required.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to include overnights, weekends and holidays.
· Knowledge of computer programs utilized in property management.
· Excellent telephone etiquette.
New York, NY
SHS/FFI NYC Manhattan Midtown West
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: No