Langham Hotel Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of a Reservations Agent is to convert all calls/faxes/emails into a reservation and providing 5-Star genuine service to guests while following Langham standards. An agent will maximize room and other revenue in an organized and unhurried manner.
- Answer all calls in a timely manner with focus on converting into a reservation, while following company standards.
- Maximizing sales of the hotel by upselling.
- Having knowledge of the hotel to be able to assist guests and anticipate their needs.
- Responding to both internal and external faxes and emails within 24 hours.
- Communication with other departments such as Front Desk, Sales, Exec Office and F&B outlets (accuracy of room reservations & requests, general inquiries, maintaining group blocks, VIP reservations, making restaurant reservations for guests, etc.).
- Merging duplicate profiles
- Filing and organizing the office and individual workspace
- Assist in training of new Reservations and Front Desk Agents
- Good Attendance (punctuality, flex-time)
- Watching inventory and keeping Reservations Manager aware of high demand / rate discrepancies
- Ordering supplies for the office
- Attending weekly group meetings (resume meeting, group pickup, pre-cons) when needed
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by supervisor
- Must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Must have a flexible schedule
- “Smiling” on the phone while using professional/courteous language
- Communication skills between colleagues
- Understand and appreciate diversity with colleagues and guests
- Multi-task and prioritize
- Be open to and accept motivational and constructive feedback
- Able to handle stress
- Knowledge of computers preferred (Word, Excel, Internet sites).
- Must have Opera PMS previous experience. Synxis experience is a big plus.
- Cooperation and independent – being a team player and also be able to work alone
- Ability to communicate in the English language to the level of mutual understanding with colleagues, supervisors and guests