A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you a process driven leader and a good verbal communicator? Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys a team oriented environment?
If the answer is YES, The Meritage Resort and Spa is looking for you! Just like the wine that inspired its name, The Meritage Resort and Spa is the perfect blend of wine tasting, dining, spa, beautiful event spaces, romance and indulgence— all in one California Wine Country hotel.
Provides warm and welcoming experience for all guests and callers contacting the hotel to make reservations. Handles all aspects of guest reservations. Provides information about the hotel, hotel amenities, and local area attractions. Resolves guest concerns and provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction. Enters reservations into computer system and runs necessary reports. Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Maintains reservations records by entering required reservation and account data into systems to ensure pickup is accurately communicated to sales team permitting attrition and slippage to be tracked. Runs and prepares all necessary reports as required.
- Establishes proper billing accounts and processes advance deposits. Communicates deposit and guarantee policies as requested.
- Welcomes callers in an enthusiastic and professional manner, answering questions and responding to requests. Provides information about hotel, local area attractions and hotel amenities. Obtains necessary information and enters reservations into the computer system. Promotes PHG Managed hotels and services.
- Processes all incoming reservations received via rooming lists, in-house correspondence, emails or other communication. Mails confirmation and literature requested and replies to all inquiries.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, some of who may require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger. Collects accurate information and resolves conflicts. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Reviews rooming lists for accuracy, format, and billing details and ensures prompt processing. Monitors Housing Bureau pick-up and communicates information to management.
- Works closely with front desk to ensure accuracy of information on reservations and group block (count and room type). Ensures front desk receives accurate current group information.
- May complete weekly 10 day forecast packet which includes: Forecast sheet including all group blocks and transient rooms and arrivals/departures, Group resumes for arrivals over next 10 days, and meeting packets for groups arriving over the next 10 days.
- Responsible for rate loading for all local negotiated accounts, ensuring clients are able to book both online and through central reservations. Responsible for building of group room blocks with room rates, as well as building of Group webpages for client ease of booking
- Monitors accuracy of group blocks, including cutoff date, pickup, suite blocks, rates, etc. Ensures appropriate information is available for individual call-in groups.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- One to two years of customer service experience at hotel or comparable setting. Sales experience desired.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with callers of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires basic computer skills to enter data, read, and interpret information.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests. Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly sits for sustained periods of time. Occasionally stands or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member occasionally stoops and c rouches. The team member regularly talks when communicating with guests/callers. The team member regularly needs to hear voices while interacting with guests/callers. Exerts up to 35 pounds of force occasionally when moving luggage. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures and view a computer terminal. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make ge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.