REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise banquet staff in the completion of the assigned functions and set-up, as well as oversee the service and break-down functions in a safe, accident-free manner.
1. Check server and houseperson BEOs to ensure that all information is accurate. (10%)
2. Check room set-up to see that BEO directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean. (15%)
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function. (20%)
4. Communicate all BEO changes to catering office and affected departments. (5%)
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions. (10%)
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons. (10%)
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function. (5%)
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all
areas are clean. (10%)
9. Recap all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit. 10%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
1. Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation method for each item to be served.
2. Know and use "Suggestive Selling" techniques.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school education or equivalent
Experience: Two years of hotel banquet food/beverage service
Skills and Abilities: Able to read, speak, and write English
Able to lift, push, carry 20-30 lbs.
Able to process paperwork
No. of employees supervised: Ten to thirty employees
Travel required: Local travel for outside catering functions
Hours Required: Flexible; scheduled days and times may vary based on need
The Buttes Marriott
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: 401 K, Dental, Vision and Medical
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Tiffany Pena
Contact Title: Executive Administrator
Address: 2000 W. Westcourt Way , Tempe, AZ, 85282, US