Restaurant Host - Part Time
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Location: US - CA - Rancho Cordova
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The Sacramento Marriott is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
F&B Director, F&B Manager, and Restaurant Manager
Will be required to work various shifts, both weekdays and weekends.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guest.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to coordinate reservations and guests seating requests.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble linen, tables, china, flatware and glassware to restaurant standards.
- Ability to oversee the patio, trellis and pool area to ensure that guest needs are met.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to implement and follow-through with new operational procedures and hold team accountable.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to posted work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and impeccable uniform.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Table, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant and room service departments.
- All menu items, prices, preparation time/method, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, and method of presentation..
- All service standards required by Marriott including safety and emergency procedures.
- Walk around your complete area and make sure it is ready for service. Tables, chairs, table bases, floor, windows, etc. are clean and acceptable for guests. Inspect the same for patio.
- Check computer for guest reservations for day/evening. Check phone messages.
- Have menus prepared. Ensure all menus are accurate, free of spots or stains.
- Responsible for all guest service to include, but not limited to:
- Welcome and greet guests in our restaurant. The host must make eye contact, smile, speak directly to the guest and engage in a kind, friendly conversation.
- Answering phones within 3 rings. Remember to answer with a smile. Be sure to provide the necessary information and support to the guest and make a reservation if required.
- Determine guest preference for seating (i.e. inside, outside, booth?) Create a wait list when needed.
- Ensure equitable seating for scheduled service staff. Be fair and consistent.
- Check reservations and private parties for proper coordination and accommodation in the restaurant.
- Check Open Table to ensure all reservations are coordinated.
- Coordinate seating arrangements to follow proper rotation of sections for each server.
- Make sure servers are aware of the guests that have been seated.
- Assist in serving food and beverage to guests in a friendly, attentive manner.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Maintain positive Guest relations at all times.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Enforce in a courteous and professional manner the non-smoking policy of the restaurant which extends to the patio, trellis and pool area.
- Enforce in a courteous and professional manner the no outside liquor/beverage policy for all public areas of the hotel.
- Assist with opening and closing duties as needed.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Be a Team Player.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Take room service orders when necessary.
- Assist in bussing tables as needed, however do not neglect the host area.
- Ensure that all stations are covered during breaks.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Follow all operational procedures, i.e. clocking in/out, taking and reporting breaks, checking schedule regularly, complete time-off requests, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
PreferredTime-Management Intermediate Detail Oriented Some Knowledge Decision Making Some Knowledge Conflict Resolution Novice Teamwork Novice Multi-Tasking Novice Customer Service Novice Behaviors
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.
Some college or better.Experience
Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
6 months host or customer service
Licenses & Certifications
CA Food Handler