A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you an individual who enjoys working at a steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is "Yes", then the Meritage Resort and Spa is looking for you!
- Describes all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Must have extensive knowledge of all menu items. Works with guests to accommodate special request and special dietary needs.
- Must have food and wine knowledge for pairing suggestions.
- Up sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
- Serves menu items in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Performs pre- and post-shift sidework; set-up, breakdown, condiments, roll-ups etc.
- Performs food running duties throughout a shift to help assist in the operation of the shift.
- Responds to guest inquiries and special requests promptly to ensure guest satisfaction; responds to guests' complaints and unusual situations in the place of a supervisor, if needed.
- Prior guest service experience, preferably in food and beverage
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current California Food Handler card
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to multi task
- Must be available to work AM (6am-2pm) or PM shifts (5pm to close); including weekends and holidays
Physical aspects of position include but are not limited to:
- Transport trays and/or plates throughout the restaurant which may weigh up to 50 pounds, as well as serve food items and beverages.
- Review and comprehend necessary documentation.
- Take down orders, recite specials and point specific items out on the menu to customers.
- Stand throughout an eight hour shift.
- Frequently walk; effectively and efficiently move throughout the restaurant and the kitchen area.
Pacific Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.