Gramercy Park Hotel
Location: US - NY - New York
Mar 13, 2018
Gramercy Park Hotel
The Reservations/Revenue Manager will provide supervision and leadership in the Reservations Department in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train & manage the reservations sales department ensuring that proper selling strategies are sold and all SOPs are in place and adhered to
- Analysis of revenue potential generated by the transient and group market segments as well as the market segmentation within transient and group.
- Make Yield Management decisions and update CRS/GDS/PMS inventory directly through the systems.
- Communicate any strategy changes or update any calendars for the sales team to use.
- Use RateVIEW to determine the pricing and compression compared to our competition.
- Manage and communicate group cut off dates. Run a group rooms control log (GRC) as well as pick up report from Property Management System (PMS) for 90 days. Verify pick up to actual block, cutoff date, and whether or not you should extend, etc.
- Monitor the status of the hotel throughout the day. Adjust any inventory controls that need to be modified through CRS/GDS/PMS and communicate to the strategy team.
- Analyze the following CRS Reports: Call Center Productivity, Company and Travel Agency Production, City and State Production.
- Enter data and analyze the weekly and monthly Star Reports.
- Responsible for addressing and resolving all customer service issues in a positive manner
- Facilitate completion of market pricing analysis. Manage office paper-flow, travel agent commissions, advanced deposits, faxes, mail, etc.
- Coordinate & facilitate ongoing reservation department sales skills and optimal agent productivity
- Handle all overflow reservations calls as necessary to provide optimal customer service and minimal hold time and abandoned calls
- Work with the Director of Revenue to forecast accurately as well as projecting future demand.
- Knowledgeable of all rates, room types, hotel product and Gramercy Park Hotel’s major competition making sure to maximize opportunities for rates.
- Ensures all special requests and VIP’s are handled precisely and proficiently.
- Checks correspondence on a daily basis before arrival date and ensures all relevant information is acquired and fully documented and filing is up to date.
- Ensures all standards of personal appearance, grooming and conduct are an example to the team and provides a professional image at all times.
- Ensures work processes are in a logical order for Reservations colleagues making sure there is proper staffing at all times
- Assists / Director of Revenue Management with performing all aspects of colleague and training functions, including performance appraisals, coaching, training, etc.
- Performs any other reasonable duties that are required by the Front Office Manager, Director of Reservations / Director of Revenue Management, Director of Sales and Marketing, and the General Manager
- Graduate of Hotel School or College Degree
- Minimum of 2 years reservations/revenue hotel experience
- Able to communicate written and spoken English clearly.
- Accepts feedback and coaching
- Strong desire to deliver excellent guest service
- Ability to work well in team environment
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Rooms - Reservations