Room Attendant - Full Time
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Come join our team at our beautiful hotel Embassy Suites Austin Central. We are looking for our next team member to join our Embassy Suites Family!
The purpose of a ROOM ATTENDANT is to fully clean guest rooms for stay-overs and check outs, ensuring that brand standards and guest expectations are met or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Replace linens on beds and replenish guest room supplies.
* Empties and cleans wastebaskets, dishwasher, refrigerator and ashtrays as appropriate for room type.
* Clean bathrooms and replenish bathroom amenities.
* Provide necessary linen and room amenities to guests in accordance with brand standards.
* Leave the guest room in uniform arrangement as determined by management and make sure the door is closed and the room is locked.
* Report any damage, hazards, and/or needed repairs to management immediately.
* Return any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a lost and found item and writing: the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
* Responsible for keys signed out for the shift.
* Complete any projects or requests developed by the management team.
* Replaces light bulbs (if necessary).
* Restock cart at end of shift and organize the linen closet to prepare for the next day.
* Other housekeeping duties as assigned.
* Performs all duties in accordance with brand standards and with emphasis on meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
High school education is not required; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• Exposed to and use of cleaning chemicals throughout the shift
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observes and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes. The Position is expected to:
• Stand more than 2/3 of the time
• Walk more than 2/3 of the time
• Sit less than 1/3 of the time
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel more than 2/3 of the time
• Reach with hands and arms more than 2/3 of the time
• Climb or balance less than 1/3 percentage of the time
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 1/3 of the time
• Talk or hear percentage more than 2/3 of the time
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Push / pull up to 50 lbs.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.