Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is seeking a Rooms Controller to join our team. Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is a Four-Diamond hotel, luxury 340 room hotel with 25,000 square feet of meeting/function space, and Mason's Restaurant and Mason's Bar. For more information about Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com.
The Rooms Controller is a part of the Front Office Team. This person is responsible for overseeing the friendly, professional, and efficient registration and account settlement of hotel guests commensurate with the demands of a world-class resort by providing support to the Front Desk Agents and Management. Serves as a liaison between the Front Office Agents and Front Office Management, Housekeeping, and Engineering.
- Oversees the friendly, professional, and efficient registration and check-out of hotel guests, including assisting the Front Desk during peak periods
- Trained and skilled to perform all Front Desk, Reservations, and Star Service functions as needed based on operational demands
- Prints occupancy, arrivals departures, and back-up reports on a timely basis
- Reviews Specials Report for all arriving guests on a daily basis to ensure appropriate pre-blocking of rooms and to coordinate special services to be provided
- Ensures upgrades are implemented when necessary to create stay through length of stay
- Monitors room type oversells and upgrades as appropriate
- Block relocated guests who will be returning to the hotel
- Communicates all special requests to Housekeeping
- Coordinates with Room Service to ensure accurate and timely amenity deliveries
- Monitors and ensures completion of all room changes
- Check for duplicate reservations on a daily basis
- Monitors clearing of all due-outs, Express Checkouts, no-show’s, Pre-Registered guests
- Other duties as assigned
Must have excellent communication skills and guest services skills;
Knowledgeable of computer programs utilized in property management;
Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays;
Must have one year experience as Front Desk Agent at a comparable quality property.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V