Job Purpose: Secure new volume accounts; grow positive relationships with assigned existing accounts; assure positive recognition within the local community for the hotel.
1. Solicit, negotiate and generate contracted revenues from volume prospects that meet criteria established in the hotel business plan.
2. Employ revenue management techniques to recommend corporate rate proposals.
3. Accurately prepare and present Requests for Proposals so that both client and hotel receive a good value.
4. Prospect for new contract business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, attending community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journals, etc.
5. Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans.
6. Manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date contact management system.
7. Negotiate and close contracts that meet the hotel's business plan objectives.Desired arrival, departure and volume patterns must be met.
8. Internally communicate client requirements, thereby insuring all information is accurate between client and hotel staff.
9. Coordinate and participate in target market trade shows and sales blitzes.
10. Conduct competitive analysis and maintain competitor files in order to be able to compete successfully.
11. Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
- Ability to use analytic skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Associates Degree in Sales &Marketing, Business, or a related field.
Minimum 2 years hotel sales experience or the equivalent amount of industry experience; OR, equivalent combination of education and work experience.